Solid, reputable and forward thinking, this company is a leader in the dangerous goods transportation industry and are experiencing growth at a rapid rate! As a result thereof, this amazing opportunity has evolved for a dynamic, forward thinking and switched-on General Manager!
Welcoming you to your new role awaits a warm, supportive and cohesive team of professionals. Located near the Tullamarine airport in an informal yet professional environment this role provides everything and more. An attractive salary package is only part of the amazing potential opportunity that this role has to offer.
The position offers a great work life balance where you are able to lead and manage a terrific team of passionate individuals in a positive and cohesive culture.
This role comes with a high level of responsibility and accountability. Working in strong collaboration and reporting directly to the Managing Director and owner of the business you will manage and take a leadership role in the following realms of the business:
- Design and develop business strategies and plans in-line with company goals.
- Develop and support continuous improvement strategies throughout the business.
- Ensure sufficient resources across the board, to meet operational needs
- All Operations with a large focus on logistics
- Understanding of profitability and margins
- Preserve excellent levels of internal and external customer service
- Reviewing of targets, KPI’s, schedules, policies and procedures
- High level of IT skills across accounting and E-commerce platforms preferably transport management systems. Integration of these systems with people and process is essential.
- Understand compliance and safety systems.
- Responsibility for a team of approximately 15 employees and running a fleet of vehicles
- The full gamut of contingencies that occur with the evolution of a successful business
So, to support the above criteria you should be a strategic thinker, with a flair for systems and processes who finds solutions and averts issues. A dynamic individual who is able to analyse and then plan ahead for future growth and development are what we are looking for.
Ideally, your background should include minimum 5 years experience and demonstrated success in a similar lead role, preferably coming from a logistics background and having experience in managing a growing transport business.
Our clients believe in progression and seizing opportunity; just like this key position. It’s certainly an exciting time to be joining this company as they continue to expand and advance to the next level.
This incredible role is available for an immediate start so apply now if you think you can stand up to the challenge!
Placing Heads. Your job is our business!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com